Arthur Arzola, Jr. (Art) served as a Destination College Advising Corps (DCAC) College Adviser in the San Bernardino region from 2011-2013. He left a lasting positive impact on his students, his school site, and the DCAC program. Following his service with DCAC, he continued his work with students and college access at Humboldt State University. Tragically, he was involved in a fatal bus crash that took the lives of some chaperones and students while on a campus trip from Southern California to Humboldt State University. Art was an amazing individual and will be remembered by his students, fellow advisers, and the DCAC staff for his selflessness and passion for helping first-generation students, like himself, get to and through college. The Destination College Alumni Association (DCAA) is honored to provide this scholarship in memory of Art to support DCAC Adviser Alumni in their pursuit of a post-baccalaureate education.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,500
- The scholarship will be split and disbursed twice -- Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
- The scholarship recipient will be announced at the DCAC End of Year Celebration on Wednesday, May 17, 2023 and we encourage the recipient to attend if possible.
- Any DCAC College Adviser Alumni who has successfully completed at least one year of service OR current DCAC College Adviser Fellow who will successfully complete at least one year of service by May 31, 2023 is eligible to apply if they will enroll in a graduate program by Fall 2023 or are currently enrolled in a graduate program.
- Applicants must provide proof of successful matriculation into a graduate program or proof of their continued attendance prior to receiving the scholarship. DCAA will provide a follow up letter detailing next steps to the scholarship recipient.